- The 173rd Assault Helicopter Company :
As part of our reunion we have reserved the Arneson River Theater for a Memorial Service on Friday, 0900am, November 12 to honor all our fallen during the war and those who have died after tour. We will gather at the amphitheater seating of the Arneson.
They chose San Antonio for our reunion this year not only because it is a beautiful destination, but specifically to honor Sammy P. Rodriguez, from San Antonio, who was KIA in Vietnam while serving in our unit.
They will present his daughter, who was born after his death, and the rest of his family an opportunity to talk with and visit the pilots and crew members that were with him at the time of his death.
The service will start at 9:00am should be as follows:
• Presentation of the Colors by the Breckenridge High School JROTC
• Singing of the National Anthem by a member of the Army North Band, Fort Sam Houston.
• Opening prayer and remarks from our unit Chaplin
• Reading of the names of our fallen followed by the playing of Taps.
• Opportunity for family members or friends to share memories of our fallen brothers.
• Closing prayer by the Chaplin.
• Playing of the bagpipes.
• Fly over by the San Antonio Police Department Helicopter Unit.
Thanks, Reben Cerda - Retired SAPD