A. Death of Active Officer
- Notification of next of kin, if death occurs on-duty;
- Transportation to hospital for family members;
- Notification of the SAPD chaplain;
- Assistance in making funeral arrangements;
- Assistance in arranging immediate financial aid;
- Assistance in preparing necessary paperwork to apply for all eligible benefits; and
- Counseling for family members of officers killed in the line of duty.
B. Death of Retired Officer
- Assistance with contacting the Honor Guard to request the services provided for retirees; and
- Family counseling and advice
- if requested.
Assistance in making funeral arrangements;
Assistance in preparing necessary paperwork to apply for all eligible benefits; and
Notification of the SAPD Chaplain.
While there are numerous other life occurrences that may impact our member’s lives, there are other resources available within the City organization or the SAPOA. For situations that do not fit the criteria above, contact can made with the Chiefs Office, 207-7360,to get clarification if Family Assistance should become involved or another resource utilized.