Attention: All Benevolent Fund Members Subject: James Anderson Memorial Park Reopening
As on Friday, May 1st, the Board will reopen James Anderson Memorial Park and all key fobs will be reactivated.
During the COVID 19 pandemic, the San Antonio Police Benevolent Fund has been monitoring, evaluating, and discussing the situation and what precautions needed to be taken in order to prevent or limit the spread of the virus.
As stated previously we are following the Emergency/Disaster Declarations, the orders, rules, and guidelines that have been implemented by our local, state, and national elected officials.
There are some rules and guidelines that come with reopening the Park. These rules and guidelines are in accordance with those still in effect and implemented by our elected officials. Here is a list of the rules and guidelines:
• Members must follow the CDC, state and local requirements
• Members may not have groups larger than 10 persons, to include the member.
• Members are encouraged to maintain a social distancing of 6 feet between all persons while within the Park. This includes on the boat dock, swim platforms, and restrooms.
• Members should not encroach on others camp sites or surrounding areas.
• The playground will remain closed and should not be used at this time.
• Members shall disinfect all surfaces at the picnic sites prior to use, as well as prior to leaving.
• Members are responsible for their action and that of their guest.
• Active members are reminded there may be special COSA and/or Departmental rules or orders they may be required to follow.
Members are reminded the health and well-being of our members, their families, friends, co-workers, and our community is the Board’s main concern at this time. If the opening of the Park starts to put our members and their families at risk, the closure of the Park may be necessary again.
We are all in this together, so we ask all our members to follow the above rules to help us keep everyone safe and healthy.
For any additional questions or concerns please contact one of the Board members or you can contact Officer Travis Reich at (210) 428-0380. Thank you.
Paul Biasiolli, Captain
Chairman / Benevolent Fund